Do you have a sense of enthusiasm and two hands? The Spring Bike Build Is Here! Join onbikes Pensacola for the 2018 Spring Bike Build on April 21, 2018 from 9:00am-1:00pm. There are two shifts available (9am-11am and 11am-1pm) where we will work together to assemble approximately 150 bikes.
Don’t know how to assemble a bike? Don’t worry about it, our onbike crew members will help teach and guide us all as we turn screws, pump tires and make these kids dreams come true.
Everything You Need To Know:
- The bikes we receive for the kids arrive unassembled, packed flat in boxes…
- We need volunteers to open boxes, turn screws, and help us make the magic happen!
- Building a bike is surprisingly easy. You’ll join other volunteers on an assembly line, do your part, then slide the bike to your neighbor. It’s that easy!
- Bringing your own tools is not required. But if you got em, bring em!
- This event is family friendly! We have plenty of space for the kids.
Something as simple as a bike can open up a fresh and unseen new world to children, waking up a sense of freedom, self-reliance, and mobility.
onbikes Pensacola was started in 2016 by Pensacola native, Walker Wilson. Walker and his friends set out with a goal to provide 100 bikes and helmets to children in Pensacola’s local foster care system and guardian ad litem program. Through the generosity of the local community, onbikes gave 300 bikes, 250 bike locks, 300 helmets and countless smiles to children in Pensacola. Because of our sponsors, we were able to provide bikes to children in the Families First Foster Care Program, the Boys and Girls Club, Escambia County Schools, the Ronald McDonald House and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwest Florida. Almost all of these children were receiving bikes for the very first time.